National Families Week, Australia’s annual celebration of the importance of families starts Sunday 15th May and is timed to coincide with the UN International Day of Families. The focus for 2016 is stronger families, stronger communities.
This theme highlights the important role that families play as the central building block of our community, and that community wellbeing is enhanced by family wellbeing.
National Families Week is a time to celebrate with your family, make contact with your extended family and share in the enjoyment of family activities within the wider community. This is an opportunity to celebrate the meaning of family and to make the most of family life. Take time this week to reflect on the critical role that families play in teaching, supporting and nurturing children, as they grow.
I am thrilled to have been asked to present a talk and facilitate discussion with families in our local community on Thursday 19th May at 7pm.
Come and join me on this journey – a journey to the future, where each family will decide where they are heading, first as individuals and then as a team.
Along the way you will learn:
- how to create a deeper connection with one another, and those in the wider community;
- skills to achieve clear, effective communication, which will be useful in all areas of your life;
- seek to understand and then be understood;
- acknowledge the terrific and the terrible of today’s technology;
- recognise the importance of respect & resilience in all relationships, especially with yourself;
- enjoy a creative session with art teacher Siobhan McQuillan
- have fun as a family.
Celebrate National Families Week
Join me on Thursday 19th May at
North Harbour Community Centre,
2 King Street, Manly Vale.
Parents and children age 10+
Enjoy pizza, tea and laughter.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to feel closer to your family and your community.